[Pdx-pm] OSCON & PDX.pm

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Tue Jun 17 11:19:34 CDT 2003

On (Tue, Jun 17 08:49), Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 08:30, chromatic wrote:
>
> > There are all sorts of questions locals could answer for visitors:
> >
> > 	- how do I get from the airport to the hotel?
> > 	- where do I find food/drink in downtown Portland?
> > 	- where do I meed up with other people?
> > 	- what do I do for entertainment?
> > 	- how do I get from the hotel to the airport?
>
>  - Who are these Chiers people and where are they taking me?

We can provide host services in two ways: online and in person.

ingy's YAPC wiki, http://yapc.kwiki.org/ is providing the online half of
these services right now for the other Perl conference. Sounds like a
sure bet for lots of the items above.

We can offer the personal services (!) if people can find us. Wearing a
pdx.pm tshirt is one way ~or~ we could also use some of pdx.pm coffers
to print a run of #!/usr/local/pdx buttons or something.

-J