[Pdx-pm] OSCON & PDX.pm

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Tue Jun 17 10:30:58 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003, at 07:51 US/Pacific, Ward Cunningham wrote:

> How about custom "geek tours"? The mini-tours would have one or two
> locals leading three or four visitors to fareless square and helping
> them get on the right bus to some interesting destination. If the
> destination involved beer then the locals might go along for the ride.
> Advanced preparation would involve signing up locals and making a
> suitable map. A good supply of FRS radios might make on the spot
> organization easier.

There are all sorts of questions locals could answer for visitors:

	- how do I get from the airport to the hotel?
	- where do I find food/drink in downtown Portland?
	- where do I meed up with other people?
	- what do I do for entertainment?
	- how do I get from the hotel to the airport?

I'd be happy to host or to point to any resources from the OSCON 2003
page.  Maybe Ingy can set up an OSCON Kwiki for now.

-- c