[Pdx-pm] OSCON & PDX.pm

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Tue Jun 17 01:02:53 CDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Clint Moore wrote:

> Treasure Hunt: I'll help set this up if anyone else is interested in it.

Many (most?) people coming for OSCON won't have a car, if past years are
any guide. I like the idea of a treasure hunt, but it's probably got to be
limited to, say, the Fareless Square area. Not that that is too severe a
limitation, since it includes Powell's Books, Mill Ends Park, and Pioneer
Square, which would all make good treasure hunt sites.

    http://www.trimet.org/schedule/maps/fareless.htm

Maybe the pdx-pm booth can have whatever-it-takes for people to get
started on the treasure hunt.

I wonder how much interest there will be in a treasure hunt. Not to be
pessimistic or anything, but don't put so much work into this that you'll
be bummed out if only a couple of people try it out.

> Pub Crawl: I will volunteer to shuttle people around since I don't
> drink.

That's a good idea, too, although it might be even better if you can show
people how to use the free transit system downtown. But I'm looking
forward to someone who knows good beer saying, "Gee, they really do have
good beer in Portland!"

--Tom Phoenix