[Pdx-pm] job control

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sun Jun 1 21:43:34 CDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Randall Hansen wrote:

> I'm trying to get a list of bash's suspended jobs using Perl.

Probably you'll want to make use of a bash function, which you could
define in your .bash_profile, perhaps.

    function boojum () {
	eval `jobs | ~/.bin/my_program ...`
    }

I'm assuming that your program would output bash commands to do whatever
you wanted, like maybe "fg %2; boojum". But I'm not an expert on bash
programming, so there may be some vital detail that I'm forgetting. Like a
better way to make that loop happen without nesting evals... :-)

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix