[Pdx-pm] Quick list question

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Wed Jul 16 17:41:38 CDT 2003

On (Wed, Jul 16 09:58), Tom Phoenix wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Ovid wrote:
>
> > I've been approving quite a few messages by non-members. These
> > messages generally relate to whether or not we will get OSCON here
> > next year.
>
> I say that you're on the right track.

I agree. OSCON is very perl-related and very Portland-related.

> With the exception of jobs postings, I'd allow pretty-much anything
> that's "related to Perl" on this list. (Jobs available and jobs wanted
> can go on a separate list. Did we ever create that one?)

The few times I've had offlist people offer jobs to the list, I've
instructed them to preface the Subject with the string "[JOB]" or
something similar. That's easy enough to filter out if you're not
interested.

$0.02, (almost the same in Canada too!)
-J