[ptp-general] Re: [PLUG] Re: [Pdx-pm] We might get OSCON...

Ross rosso at bad-seed.org
Wed Jul 16 11:03:46 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 06:26 US/Pacific, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

>> "Vincent" == Vincent Yau <v_yau2 at hotmail.com> writes:
>
> Vincent> I just hope that if they return next year, they would
> consider moving
> Vincent> the venue to the Convention Center.  I attended 2 tutorial
> Vincent> sessions and there were too many people for those pretty small
> Vincent> rooms.
>
> The Convention Center is designed more for "big main floor" events.
> That's clearly not OSCON.  Most technical computer conventions fare
> better at Hotel Centers.

(Bit of a shameless plug...)

I think smaller computer conventions can do quite well at the Oregon
Convention Center. It's just a matter of picking the right rooms. We're
holding the WebVisions 2003 event there on Friday, in Lobby 'B' and
Meeting Room B113 - B116. I was just there with a couple of PTP members
yesterday making a check for the wifi arrangements and was surprised at
the amount of space we'll have, and very happy about the much higher
ceilings than you get in a hotel cellar. :)

Here's the Plug: http://www.webvisionsevent.org  -> This Friday, 5+
speakers, and wrap party just $75. Something for everyone.

...Ross...

--
== Hot Pepper Studios: 503-230-2058 and < http://www.hotpepper.com >
== Web, Print, Interactive and Film