[Pdx-pm] (OT) Database design guru

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Thu Jan 23 21:12:21 CST 2003

Curtis Poe wrote:

> I'm going nuts with a problem at work regarding a database normalization

Something else to think about: might you have a situation in which a
customer's country is known and that country has states but the
customer's state is unknown?  Should that be different from the case
where there simply are no states for a given country? (I would guess it
should be)

If you want a real DBA type answer, try comp.databases.theory. People
like Joe Celko (formerly on the ANSI SQL committee) and Jan Hilders
(comp sci. prof with great knowledge) hang out there and are willing to
provide advice as long as you provide DDL for your problem (as you did).

--
Jeff