[Pdx-pm] Damian Conway in PDX

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Wed Jan 22 16:37:12 CST 2003

We need a headcount for this PDX.pm bonus meeting. Please privately
RSVP to me and let me know if you're going and if you're bringing
people with you.

Thanks,
Joshua

---

Damian Conway on Quantum::Superpositions
Tue 28 Jan 2003, 7-9PM
OGI, Bldg #3, Wilson Clark Center Dining Room
http://www.ogi.edu/maps/

Damian is, simply put, a rock star. Other people have to pay to
see him speak, you get to see him *FREE*.

The talk explains how to adapt the Perl programming language to
quantum computing and vice versa, with applications for prime
generation, list membership testing, maxima and minima detection,
string comparison, and winning the office football pool, all in
constant time without loops or recursion.

Along the way, we'll also touch on the physics of chocolate,
parallel programming, motor racing, the Scottish vegan movement,
ancient Latin, Mick Jagger's love life, winter sports, the secret
of the humble potato, fashion modelling, anagrammatic encryption,
modern German, cruelty to animals, and the antics of the 1930's
chapter of Copenhagen.pm.