[Pdx-pm] Hi, I'm Fred (PDX Lightning Talk)

Fred Morris m3047 at inwa.net
Mon Feb 17 22:36:06 CST 2003

Hi,

I gave the "Modules In The Mist" talk about two modules which I've written
for my own amusement and convenience:

1) The DNS paradigm for resolving string constants and format strings
(nobody gets that one).

2) Yet another SQL Report Writing Module. Actually, I sent off the working
production code (more or less) from the app which I've been writing for my
own account which uses it to one attendee... Here's hoping I get some
feedback.

If I was handing out the awards, first place would go to the gent who
maintains Anydata... on the principle of the thing. The river flow stuff
was really COOL! And, I think it's simply sublime that my driver got a
trophy with a car on top. Michael has big plans, he has his eye on
something or three... There will be more on this, I'm sure.

Since I attend several UGs in Seattle sporadically, I've got some basis for
observing that Apple Powerbooks seem overrepresented at Perl-oriented UG
meets. It's a fact! I have no idea what it means.

Anyway, now you know how to get in touch with me. Don't send me no
steenkin' Bccs, I wrote PerlJacket, and I use it. (HTMLized e-mail can't
touch me.)

--

Fred Morris
m3047 at inwa.net