[Pdx-pm] how to append to library path?

John Springer john at digitalmx.com
Mon Dec 15 22:00:25 CST 2003

On Dec 15, 2003, at 6:14 PM, Tom Phoenix wrote:

> After all, if you can't modify the system-wide perl binary, and you
> can't
> change the environment variables, and you can't alter the invocation
> options on the command line, and you can't change the source code to
> your
> programs, it can be hard to get Perl to do what you want.
>
> --Tom
Now be gentle.

At least one place where this a real pain is in a shared webserver
environment, where
you can't modify the binary, you can't easily change the ENV, and you
can't alter
the command line invocation.  So you're down to changing the source
code.
On every script.  Over and over.  It's a nuisance, if nothing else.

I usually have a .pm file that I reference with a use
statement to setup a bunch of definitions and stuff.
But it would surely be nice to have a default place in ~/ or ./ that
perl would look in.

--
   John Springer
   Somewhere in Portland