[Pdx-pm] how to append to library path?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Dec 15 14:46:06 CST 2003

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Dawson <cdawson at webiphany.com> writes:

Chris> Is it possible to append to the @INC path such that any instance of
Chris> Perl always uses a special library path?  Is this something that is
Chris> compiled into perl,

Yes.  You must rebuild Perl to change it permanently.

Chris>  or is there a file which I can modify to do this?

How would it know where to look for the file?  You've always got a
chicken-and-egg problem there. :)

Chris> I realize I can add a "use lib" statement to my scripts, but I would
Chris> like to enable this in a more global way.