auto-backup across the net

Jason White jasona at inetarena.com
Fri Jun 21 21:14:22 CDT 2002

Provided that the "database" is not stored directly on the webserver which
is running the cgi, the connection state of the client/cgi is independant of
the connection state of the cgi/database.  A client will not lose its cgi
session if the cgi is unable to access the database.  A robust cgi can
handle redirecting where it will make its database connection, there is
never a need to inform the client.

The subject of redundancy in webservers and maintaining client/server
session data is a different issue.

Jason White