[Pdx-pm] Wallstreet Powerbook parts needed

schwern at pobox.com schwern at pobox.com
Tue Dec 17 04:05:37 CST 2002

It finally happened, my Powerbook bit it.  I was greeted with the
sound of broken glass on bootup indicating a hardware failure.  Could be the
hard drive, could be bad RAM, could be a bad CPU.

In order to diagnose the problem, I need to swap parts in and out to figure
out exactly what needs replacing.  If anyone has an old Wallstreet Powerbook
lying around they don't need for a few days I could swap some parts from
it to figure out what's wrong, then swap them back and return the laptop
in working order.  Has to be a Wallstreet, not a Lombard.  Black keyboard,
not bronze.

What would also be of help is an external SCSI cdrom drive so I can try
booting off a CD.  My own internal CDrom drive bay is long since fried.

At the very least I'd like to fire up the hard drive one last time to get
work and email off it since the last backup.