[Pdx-pm] Simplistic, yet complicated question....

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Mon Dec 9 12:16:32 CST 2002

On 9 Dec 2002, aj wrote:

> 123454 text                67890 Get Rid of text
> 234555 more text to keep
>
> My first idea is to substitue two spaces with nothing
> ( $line =~ s/  //g) and then try to do some sort of split on the
> resulting.

It's not clear to me what you want to do. Is it this: Get rid of any
multiple spaces and any following text on the same line? Treat each line
to this:

    s/  .*//

Or is it something else that you want? Once you can say precisely what you
want, you're most of the way to being able to code it.

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix