[Pdx-pm] PDX.rb meeting Monday Dec. 9th

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Fri Dec 6 13:02:05 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Phoenix" <rootbeer at redcat.com>
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
> > Maybe a quick Ruby tutorial for Perl folks? ;-)
>
> I can't make it on the 9th, but I'd love to see this tutorial. Maybe you
> could present it at one of our PDX.pm meetings in a month or two!

I'll second that!  I think it's important for programmers to be exposed to
other languages and Ruby seems like a great language.  If there were any
jobs for Ruby (and if I knew it considerably better), I would love to work
with it.

If any Ruby folks want to put together something, have them shoot me an
email (poec at yahoo.com is a better address for that) and we'll work things
out.

On another note:  I need more presentations.  I've had some folks email me
with ideas, but I've had no commitments.  Let me know if you're interested.
Januray is looking mighty empty right now.

Cheers,
Ovid