[Pdx-pm] Custom Ethernet frames

Jason Annin-White jasona at inetarena.com
Mon Aug 26 20:37:46 CDT 2002

Some associates of mine would like to put a couple of high end boxes on either side of a router and simulate a high traffic network so we can gather some statistics and do some tests.  We would like to create Ethernet frames that carry various protocols, but would settle for just IP packets.  It would require that the frames contained custom MAC addresses so we can simulate hundreds of sources and destinations.

Can anybody point out a useful perl module or opensource test suite for this task?

Jason White