[Ottawa-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Potential group project: The Perl Cookbook

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 12 14:04:00 PDT 2011

On 11-10-12 03:12 PM, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> I was thinking of doing an article on anonymous arrays to complement it
> but I haven't thought of a good example yet.

	Can't think of anything on anonymous arrays for their own sake, but I
can see many uses of them as an alternate to ashes for objects, to pass
parameters to functions that can be modified, etc.

 > I considered LCS, though it  is a little esoteric,

	Littoral combat ships? O.o

 > and parsing XML but both have very good modules in CPAN for them.
Anyone got a suggestion?

	I guess it'll all depend on how Wade and friends are going to organize
the book. I somehow expect that step 1 will be to take the current
recipes in the Cookbooks and bring them up to snuff for 2011. But this
is only guess-work. I'll give y'all a shout when I know more. :-)

Joy,
`/anick