[Ottawa-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Potential group project: The Perl Cookbook

Yanick Champoux champoux at pythian.com
Wed Oct 12 06:38:43 PDT 2011

On 10/10/11 10:24, Shawn H Corey wrote:
> I would be interested.

     \o/  Sweet.

> I was thinking of doing an article on arrays using a double-linked,
> circular list as an example. The nifty thing is that each manipulation
> of the list requires only one Perl statement.

     Yup, implementing that kind of stuff with Perl's arrays and hashes
is muuuch easier than in C, that's for sure. :-)

     Oh, and while we are on the topic of articles, there is also the
Advent calendar coming in. This year, rjbs is the one holding the reins
of Santa's sleigh. I'm not sure of the format that he wants to use for
this edition of the calendar, but I'll broadcast to the list whenever I
have some news.

Cheers,
`/anick

--
Yanick Champoux, Senior Perl Developer
The Pythian Group - love your data

--
Pythian proud winner of Oracle North America Titan Award for Exadata Solution... Read more & see us at OpenWorld bit.ly/pythianoow11