[Ottawa-pm] Lacuna Expanse: A massively multiplayer online strategy game built with perl

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 9 11:02:30 PDT 2010

On 10/06/2010 01:39 PM, Clayton Scott wrote:
> The game play is free and it's fun, I started playing on the weekend.

	Argh! I soooo don't need an additional time-black hole.

	But I must say, the game is very shiny.

	Oh, and I'm the Yenzian Alliance, if you can find me. :-)

> Here's a link to presentation about the back end:
> http://www.madmongers.org/talks/the-lacuna-expanse

	Very, very cool. It's doubly exciting for me, considering that they are
pretty much using the same technologies that I'm pushing at $workplace.
Seeing them making it work for the kind of scale required for MMORPGS
makes me even more... confident about the validity of my long-term
world-domination plans. :-)

> Sign up and come find me in the game (Texen Raiders).

	Sounds like a cross between Texans and the Tusken (sp?) Raiders from
Star Wars.  Not a very good sign for a peaceful civilization to trade
with. :-)

Joy,
`/anick