[Ottawa-pm] Perl meeting @ the end of November

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 4 18:16:40 PST 2008

Howdie all,

	Good news!  Unless unexpected changes of plans, TravelPod has
graciously offered to let us use their meeting room for Perl meetings.
The first open opportunity is for the last week of November, which
sounds like a pretty good time to me.  We already have two presentations
on the agenda: one guy from TravelPod is going to present on a
yet-to-be-determined topic (we should have more details about that in a
few days), and I was thinking of presenting the material of an upcoming
Perl Review article on CPAN Patching with Git.

	To make a solid evening out of it, we'd need one or two more
presentations.  Do we have any volunteers that'd be willing to step
forward?   If you're looking for inspiration, amongst the cool topics
that (at least I) would like to see, there's Catalyst, Moose, the
all-new, all-shiny Method::Signatures, the new super-performing Perl
profiler which name currently escape me and Padre, the new Perl editor.
  Of course, any other Perl topic is almost more than welcome. :-)

Joy,
`/anick