[Oslo.pm] Invitation to Perl 6 Patterns Hackathon 2012

Salve J Nilsen sjn at pvv.org
Tor 1. Mar 2012 11:20:12 PST

Hei!

You're hereby invited to Oslo Perl Monger's first hackathon in 2012!

  Topic........: Perl 6 Patterns
  Venue........: Redpill Linpro's classrooms
                 Vitaminveien 1A
                 Oslo, Norway
  When.........: Friday April 20th to Sunday April 22nd 2012
  Activities...: Hacking on Perl 6-related things, socializing, fun
  Participation: Free!

We've got attendance confirmation from Patrick Michaud, Moritz Lenz,
Carl Mäsak, Jonathan Worthington, Damian Conway, Tadeusz Sośnierz and
Filip Sergot, and there's room for you too!

Oslo Perl Mongers' organizers are Jan Ingvoldstad (frettled), Karl
Rune Nilsen (krunen) and Salve J. Nilsen (sjn).

What does one do at a hackathon? The short answer is * ;). The long
answer: Whatever is necessary, interesting, fun or useful to do when
you get an opportunity to work with someone in the same room as
yourself. It's useful to have some opportunities to handle issues that
require high- bandwidth communication, and hackathons are one of
those. You'll also get opportunities to meet core Perl 6 hackers and
learn or improve your knowledge of the language.

As for the topic, it's a guideline. We as organizers would like to see
more people hack on Perl 6-related projects, and have realized that it
would be useful to spend some attention on making it easier to recruit
new people. This might mean we spend some time making cool examples to
use in promotional material, to look for patterns in the language that
can be used to make it easier to teach Perl 6, or to create the words
and images that let people recognize we have something utterly cool
going on in the Perl 6 community.

We want Perl 6 to be understandable and easily teachable to both
students and experienced developers and teachers. We'd love to spend
some time improving this aspect of the language.

If you'd like to participate, get in touch with the organizers (above)
or just show up! :)

And failing that, remember: Do something cool, and tell about it! :D

See you in Oslo!

Kind regards,

- Jan Ingvoldstad (frettled)
- Karl Rune Nilsen (krunen)
- Salve J. Nilsen (sjn)

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen