[Oslo.pm] Maimøtet spesial: Oslo.pm på Communities in Action!

Salve J Nilsen sjn at pvv.org
Tor 15. Apr 2010 05:59:36 PDT

Hei!

I mai presenterer vi Oslo Perl Mongers for de andre fagmiljøene i
Oslo! Arrangementet heter "Communities in Action 2010"[1], der vil vi
holde to foredrag.

Initiativtager for CiA er Cantara[2], og formålet med minikonferansen
er å la de forskjellige fagmiljøene få et innblikk i hvordan de andre
fungerer og få et innsyn i hvor stort og variert miljøet er i Oslo.
Cantara forventer 200-400 deltagere til konferansen, så dette kan bli
moro! :)

   Tema:      Communities in Action - 6 spor med medlemsmøter!
   Tid:       Mandag 10. Mai 2010, 18:00 og utover kvelden
   Sted:      Radisson Blu (SAS hotellet, Holbergsplass)
   Program:   [3]
   Påmelding: [4] VIKTIG!

Oslo.pm sitt program blir som følger:

---------

1) Karl Rune Nilsen (Redpill Linpro)

Title: Practical Tips for Rakudo Star

Perl 6 has been under development for many years. "Rakudo" is the Perl
6 implementation on top of the Parrot virtual machine, and it about to
have its first release defined as "usable" by its main developers.
This release is called Rakudo * (Star).

In this talk Rune will show you how to get hold of Rakudo, tell you
ways Perl 6 will be quicker to program in than Perl 5 and other
languages, and give an idea on how it can help you avoid bugs in your
code.

Rune has used Perl and mod_perl for very large web systems since 1996.
He currently works as a consultant at Redpill Linpro AS.

----------

2) Matt S. Trout (Shadowcat Systems)

Title: Perl - a bit like Ruby, but with a usable object system

Ruby first came to my attention as a neat little language that
attempted to put lisp, Perl, and smalltalk in a bag and shake - and
ended up with a rather beautiful result.

Since then, the state of the art of Perl OO has come on in leaps and
bounds - drawing inspiration from ruby, rakudo, CLOS and ML among
others in the process.

And now every time I look at ruby again I try and find the equivalent
metaprogramming and re-use capabilities and ... they aren't there. I
keep thinking "is this it?" - I'm reminded of meeting PHP4 and
wondering where the hell the closures were.

So in this talk I'm going to give you a guided tour of the Moose meta
OO syntax extension system and its associated metaprotocol, and the
nearest equivalents I've been able to find in ruby.

Hopefully those who value OO and metaprogramming over language choice
will take another look at Perl, those who're scared of $ signs will
consider wholesale theft of ideas in the grandest traditions of open
source, and those who know better than me will heckle and tell me what
I got wrong.

And most importantly, hopefully we'll have fun learning something new
about OO together :)

Matt is a co-maintainer of the Catalyst web framework, the creator of
the DBIx::Class ORM, a core team member for the Moose project, and
contributor to several other CPAN projects. He's a frequent speaker at
conferences, and well known in the Perl community for his colourful
presentations.

Bio: http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/resources/bios/matt_short/

----------

Husk, det er PÅMELDING til dette arrangementet! Gjør dette her: [4]

Velkommen til alle!

mvh,

- Marcus Ramberg (leder, Oslo.pm) and his merry mob of misfits
   Salve J. Nilsen (lakei, Oslo.pm)

[1] http://wiki.cantara.no/display/PE/Invitasjon+til+Communities+in+Action+2010
[2] http://cantara.no/
[3] http://wiki.cantara.no/display/PE/Program+Communities+in+Action+2010
[4] http://utviklerhuset.org/display/PE/Deltakerliste+Communities+in+Action+2010

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
sub AUTOLOAD{$AUTOLOAD=~/.*::(\d+)/;seek(DATA,$1,0);print#  Salve Joshua Nilsen