[Omaha.pm] Hiring polyglots (Modern Perl, Scala, etc.)

Ben Howard BHoward at neogen.com
Thu Apr 17 13:54:36 PDT 2014

I could be wrong, but since ^ matches the beginning of a line, and $ matches the end, it might be trying to remove empty lines.

“Take $adj, and replace [beginning of line][end of line] with [].”

Maybe it’s one of Perl’s magic operators that sort of coerce a behavior by forcing context changes, but that’s how I read it.