[Omaha.pm] Meeting tonight 7pm @covisco (+ A/V info)

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Tue Jun 5 07:38:06 PDT 2012

Don't forget our meeting tonight at Covis Coworking!

http://odlug.org

   CoVis CoWorking
   920 South 107th Avenue, Suite 106

Kevin Beam:
      Ruby (and Rails) and JavaScript, Stripe for payment processing, RESTful APIs in Rails, BDD/TDD in Rails, etc.; backbone.js and perhaps jquery mobile as well.
Lucas Hartman
      Intro to the Unity game engine.

See you here tonight!!   :)

----

Audio visual:

There is a 46" TV mounted on the wall and a projector. The TV has a 6' VGA cable with plenty of slack if you sit at the small table under the TV. The cable has a DVI adapter on the end if you need it. We also have a projector with a VGA input, but no VGA cable, if someone wants to project something on a random wall and brings a VGA cable.  :)

There is also an Apple TV hooked up to the TV, and Skid was showing me all his new-fangled fanciness where you can wirelessly "project" your Apple computer (or iPad or iPhone) display to the TV if you spend $10 to buy AirParrot:

   http://www.tuaw.com/2012/02/15/airparrot-mirrors-your-mac-display-to-apple-tv-in-real-time/
   (built into OS X Mountain Lion, whenever that comes out)