[Omaha.pm] POE::Component::Client::Stomp

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Aug 29 15:39:48 PDT 2011

On Aug 29, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Todd Hamilton wrote:
> I am working on a project that (tries to) uses POE + ActiveMQ + STOMP.
> I want to publish messages to the queue using
> POE::Component::Client::Stomp.  I am not having a lot of luck.  Those
> who use these technologies, what method do you use to publish a
> message?  THe goal of my application is to provided a POE TCP server
> that listens for a stream from a client (print job) and then publishes
> a message to the MQ queue.

I don't think I've used POE::Component::Client::Stomp. 3(?) years ago I did some Net::Stomp to ActiveMQ, which seemed to work fine out of the box, but we ended up abandoning ActiveMQ after unexplained weirdness (crashes) after a few million messages. I assume they've fixed whatever that issue was by now.

Currently, $dayjob is using Net::Kestrel to talk to Kestrel*, which is Twitter's MQ tech. I'm using POE::Wheel::Run and Net::Kestrel together for simplistic parallelization.

You might try irc.perl.org #poe, or the POE mailing lists. To get any specific help you'll need to boil down your use case and post your code and output online somewhere (I prefer gist.github.com) for people to try to poke around with it.

I hope that helps,

* https://github.com/robey/kestrel