[Omaha.pm] Can you post a little more detail about the format of the event?

Michael Kolakowski mkolakow at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 19:01:29 PDT 2010

For the benefit of everyone, I'm posting to the list.  Below is a question I received.

Code retreats can vary widely in how they are run.  There's not a 'set' way of doing them.  Without getting too verbose, here are the main details of ours:

1. Language agnostic, so if you like Perl, Java, Erlang, it's all good.

2. Bring your laptop, we are not providing workstations.

3. Count on doing code paring sessions.

4. We will probably have a single problem to solve, work on it with a partner for 45 minutes or so, then switch partners and start from scratch.

5. This can be done 3-4 times in the morning.  Break for lunch, with maybe a lightning talk, kata, or some other beneficial activity.  Then do it again 3-4 times in the afternoon.

6. The idea is not necessarily to solve it, but to explore the problem space, work with others, and open your mind to new ideas.

7. Breakfast and lunch will, of course, be provided.  The event is free!

Does that answer most of your questions?

Please sign up, there are still many open seats!

http://coderetreat.ning.com/events/coderetreat-omaha

Cheers,
Michael