[Omaha.pm] CSV and core modules.

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Tue Sep 2 10:17:50 PDT 2008

Dan Linder wrote:
> I'm working on a project that will pull in data from CSV files.  The
> old version of the program does all the CSV processing itself (i.e.
> split(/,/, $line).

Oh, looks like my most recent project actually uses Text::LooseCSV:

http://search.cpan.org/~rsandberg/Text-LooseCSV-1.6/lib/Text/LooseCSV.pm

"Why another variable-length text record parser? I've had the
privilege to parse some of the gnarliest data ever seen and
everything else I tried on CPAN choked (at the time I wrote this
module). This module has been munching on millions of records of the
filthiest data imaginable at several production sites so I thought
I'd contribute..."

:)

HTH,