[Omaha.pm] Perl, Python, Ruby or PHP ...

Jesse Andersen gotosleep at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:35:43 PST 2007

I took your class in spring 2006 and shortly after that was hired on to my
first programming job.  We do a ton of scripting where I work, and your
class definitely gave me a huge advantage.  We do all our scripting in
either korn shell, perl, or tcl, I of course chose perl whenever I can :)  I
can honestly say that the perl I learned in your class was one of the most
useful things I've ever learned at UNO.  I don't think Python would have
been nearly as useful for me. From my limited experience, it seems like most
of the big companies use perl for most of their scripting needs.  Perl is
the most practical (and the best) choice, in my opinion.