[Omaha.pm] Dec 4 2007 - Matt Secoske - Processing - ODYNUG

Blaine Buxton altodorado at blainebuxton.com
Sun Dec 2 19:41:05 PST 2007

The next Perl Mongers meeting is tomorrow night. We're meeting w/ the
ODYNUG again, see below.

Also, I'm volunteering to give the following presentations:

- A 3-minute presentation on the Takahashi presentation method using
FireFox & XUL.
   http://jays.net/takahashi_xul/takahashi.xul?data=english.data

- An hour (half hour?) presentation on Perl Moose:
   Moose is a complete modern object system for Perl 5.
   http://www.iinteractive.com/moose/

- An hour (half hour?) presentation on Perl Catalyst:
   Catalyst is a web application framework with some similarities to
Ruby on Rails.
   http://catalyst.perl.org/

I hope to see you tomorrow night.  :)

Omaha Perl Mongers: http://omaha.pm.org

==================

Still eating leftovers from Thanksgiving? Had your fill of Christmas
shopping? Sounds like you need a break. Why not head on down to the
local Omaha Dynamic Language User's Group and meeting the best and
brightest that Omaha has to offer? This month we are honored to have
world famous "No Fluff" wowie zowie speaker, Matt Secoske presenting.
He will be showing us the ins and outs of a framework called
"Processing". It's a graphical canvas with a programming interface.
Simple to use and the results are jaw dropping. Spice up your
Christmas cards this year.

There will be pizza and drinks provided. Free food, drink, great
conversation, an exciting presentation, and an amazing new technique
to make cards. What do you have to lose? Christmas shopping can wait.
It's time to have some fun.
Topic	Processing: Cool Graphics Now
Speaker	Matt Secoske
Time	December 4, 7-9pm
Location	UNO's Peter Kiewit Institute (PKI) building 1110 South 67th
Street Omaha, NE
--
Blaine Buxton
Simplicity Synthesist