[Omaha.pm] New Perl Project out at Sourceforge.net

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 20:20:11 PST 2006

Hey Mongers,

I've just put the first public release of Vipaka up at
Sourceforge.  Vipaka is a tool to monitor Oracle Databases.
Vipaka is based on a program called Karma written by Sean
Hull several years ago.

Vipaka is written in Perl with DBI/DBD for the database access
layer.

I've been maintaining my own private branch for the last
couple of years, updating the links page, fixing problems
with newer versions of Perl and the like.  I think my
private version has finally reached the point where
it is ready to be released to the public.

The project is out at http://vipka.sourceforge.net  It works
pretty well under GNU/Linux.  I've still got some work to do
to get it work 100% under Microsoft Windows, I might need
to rework a bit of the daemon process handling.

If anybody has any comments or suggestions please let me know.
I'm currently thinking of redoing the html generation engine to use
something more modern like Mason.

Thanks,

Aaron
-=-=-
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying