[Omaha.pm] Detecting interactive console vs. in a script.

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Thu May 18 14:24:54 PDT 2006

Thanks -- don't know how my Googl'ing missed that...

Guess I won't have to re-invent the wheel. :)

Dan

On Thu, May 18, 2006 10:48, Andy Lester wrote:

> On May 18, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Daniel Linder wrote:

>> Has anyone seen a good way to determine if a Perl script is
running

>> on an interactive console vs. within a shell or Perl script?  I

>> have a code snippet that I want to print more text to a console
for

>> the user to view, but if it is within a script I don't want to

>> clutter its output.

> This is covered in detail in the FAQ.

> $ perldoc -q interactive

> Found in /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/pods/perlfaq8.pod

>         How do I find out if I’m running interactively or
not?

> --

> Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com =>
AIM:petdance

- - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

"Soon we will be able to harness the rotational energy from Orwell's
grave to solve all world energy problems." -- /. user GigsVT
(208848)

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68