[Omaha.pm] Fwd: iCal::Parser - or how to iterate through this hash?

Brian Edwards dutch at tconl.com
Fri Feb 24 06:00:57 PST 2006

I used Tie::iCal - http://search.cpan.org/~bsdz/Tie-iCal-0.13/

Home office users schedule events via web interface or events are generated by
system.  Remote users sync calendars over vpn using Thunderbird / Calendar
extension and webdav.

Just showing $event_date retrieval here to point out ics expecting 'YYYYMMDD'
+ time format for those dates.

Note - around "tie %cal" there should be some file locking so multiple
instances don't stomp on each other.  Tie::iCal can use Tie::File flock (see
documentation).

Bottom code snippet shows access to internal hash structure.

Dutch

#
# yes, there is only one row per cust in the db :-)
#
my $event_date = $dbh->selectrow_array("
SELECT
    to_char(schedule_next_date, 'YYYYMMDD')
FROM
    review_schedule
WHERE
    id_cust = $customer_number
");

#
# Please guarantee unique id
#
my $event_id = "scheduled-review-$customer_number-$route";

#
# Should get object returned so can do file locking,
# maybe my $cal_object = tie %cal, -rest of line-
# and then $cal_object->{A}->flock or don't proceed
#
tie %cal, 'Tie::iCal', "/dav/division$div/ics/div$div.ics"
    or die "Failed to tie file: /dav/division$div/ics/div$div.ics\n";

$cal{$event_id} = [
	'VEVENT',
	{
	'SUMMARY' => "BR $customer_number $cust_name",
	'LOCATION' => "$city_state",
	'CLASS' => 'PRIVATE',
	'STATUS' => 'TENTATIVE',
	'DESCRIPTION' => "Route $route Customer $customer_number",
#
# Not really scheduling time, just want event to show up on that day
#
	'DTSTAMP' => $event_date . "T080000",
	'DTSTART' => $event_date . "T080000",
	'DTEND' => $event_date . "T080001"