[Omaha.pm] Fwd: Perl and recursion...

Daniel Linder dan at linder.org
Wed Nov 16 07:33:46 PST 2005

On Wed, November 16, 2005 00:11, Richard Norton wrote:

> I'd agree with Theodore's comments...without refering back to

> documentation, I'm pretty sure you're hitting a scoping issue on your
DIR

> file handle.

That's what I'm thinking, too... :(

> As an alternative to frontloading all the filenames into an array,
have

> you looked at the File::Find module?  It confused the heck out of me
when

> I first looked at it, but once you figure it out, it can do all sorts
of

> neat stuff with directory trees and their content.

Is File::Find part of the base Perl 5.X installation?  The perl I am
using is part of a larger package (HP OpenView Network Node Manager) on a
customers machine that I support -- HP has some dire warnings when it
comes to upgrading the Perl they install with NNM, and the customers IT
group has loaded their own copy of Perl 5.X in another directory for their
own use. Gotta love administration of machines like this... :)

Dan

- - - - -

"Wait for that wisest of all counselors, time." -- Pericles

"I do not fear computer, I fear the lack of them." -- Isaac
Asimov

GPG fingerprint:6FFD DB94 7B96 0FD8 EADF  2EE0 B2B0 CC47 4FDE 9B68