[Omaha.pm] Test::More skip_all

Jay Hannah jhannah at omnihotels.com
Thu Dec 29 05:14:28 PST 2005

skip_all is pretty handy. One of our vendors is transitioning from one
file format to another, so our automated tests are broken for now. I
want to rework all the tests once I get their new spec, though, so I
don't want to just nuke the test script altogether. I just want to skip
all the tests in Inbound.t for now... That's what skip_all does in the
top of your .t file:

---
$ head -1 Inbound.t
use Test::More ( skip_all => 'AA is in transition to new format' );
$ perl Inbound.t
1..0 # Skip AA is in transition to new format
$ prove Inbound.t
Inbound....skipped
        all skipped: AA is in transition to new format
All tests successful, 1 test skipped.
Files=1, Tests=0,  0 wallclock secs ( 0.03 cusr +  0.01 csys =  0.04
CPU)
---

Handy, huh?