[Oly-pm] Strange.. Python-powered Perl site?

Justin Hopper gus at gusalmighty.com
Tue Jun 1 11:49:45 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 09:37, Dusty Wilson [Zetein] wrote:
> It seems that they had a server security breach.  The root index page
> indicates that they had just completed the reinstall and apologized for
> the move to Mailman on such short notice.  At the moment, there is just
> a Red Hat Enterprise test page.
>
> I know of a person that is part of the Oly LUG.  I could either talk to
> him about such meetings, or pass his name/contact info along to the
> person that would need it here on the Oly-pm list.
>
> I write in Perl for a living, so there are many-o-many things I could
> show off.  Unfortunately the more interesting things are all under wraps
> or are confidential-esque client projects.  Almost all of my work
> involves interfacing Perl with Flash, XML, and MySQL databases.
>
> Is anyone else out there?
>
> -- Dusty

I don't code perl much anymore, but it's nice to hear the voice of other
Open Source coders in the area.  I am a Systems Engineer for a local
hosting company, BSDHosting.net (hosting division of Digital Oasys
Inc.).  I spend most of my time now in C and PHP, but any system-side
scripting is always done in perl.  I keep telling myself that as soon as
I have more free time I'd like to do more community projects, maybe
something like the Seattle Wireless project, which I haven't checked on
in a while but it seemed to be slowing to a halt the last I checked.

Is anybody on this list doing any local community geek projects, perhaps
Open Source driven?  Just in case I ever DO find the elusive "free time"
to do something, it would be nice to know what people have going on in
the NorthWest area.

--
Justin Hopper <gus at gusalmighty.com>