[Oc-pm] next meeting

Pete Wilson peter.t.wilson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 14:07:43 PST 2007

m' Lord,

As you see by the prompt nature of my response, we are a very
disorganized sort of rabble.  For the past year or so, meetings have
been announced by a post to oc-pm at pm.org in the following form:

  Hey all,
  Does anyone want to meet at $location at $date_time.
  -$organizing_person

Such announcements are thoroughly ignored.

Then, a few hours before the meeting, three or four people chime up
with, "Hey, is anyone going to $location tonight.  I will probably be
there."

Four or five people show up.  Food is eaten.  Beverages are drunk.
Tales are told.  A geek time is had by all.

Dave Romano has posted summaries of a few of our meetings in the last
year.  They are archived at mail.pm.org along with the rest of the
rest of the posts to this list.

http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/oc-pm/2007-May/000174.html
http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/oc-pm/2007-June/000196.html
http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/oc-pm/2007-October/000236.html

It's extreemly ad-hoc, but no one has collected the 'tuits to organize
something better.

I probably won't be able to make any meetings till next year, but
don't let that stop you from organizing one.  Simply fill out the post
template above and see what happens.

-Pete