[oak perl] Linux posters

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Tue Oct 10 12:01:58 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 11:52:05AM -0700, Adrien Lamothe wrote:

>    David Fetter <david at fetter.org> wrote:
>
>      It didn't even travel all that well inside the Bay Area. I know
>      this sample isn't statistically significant, but all 10 women I
>      talked to who saw that poster said it was at best in poor
>      taste.
>
>    I didn't realize you associate with so many prudes, David. But
>    then again, most  of the so-called "progressives" in the Bay Area
>    are indeed quite prudish.

You're mistaken on many, many different counts here.  Every single one
of them is what they call "sex positive" in the local jargon.  There's
a giant difference between porn and its variants and the work place,
where that stuff is totally inappropriate.  That the women I know who
manage to stay in technology aren't thrilled about seeing yet another
unimaginative objectification is not a giant surprise.  Just getting
through engineering school and being out in the workplace is enough to
cause a lot of them to have a pretty short fuse for this kind of
nonsense.

Cheers,
Dave.
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666

Remember to vote!