[oak perl] Fwd: Mention LinuxWorld BoF too? Post to group?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Tue Aug 1 15:40:17 PDT 2006

Subject: Mention LinuxWorld BoF too? Post to group?
Date: Tuesday 01 August 2006 14:12
From: "Peter Mui" <pmui at groundworkopensource.com>
To: oakland-owner at pm.org

Hi George:

I saw that you've scheduled a meetup at LinuxWorld on Tuesday.  FYI:
we've made an extraordinary effort to get these IT monitoring "All
Stars" together at LinuxWorld and we're hoping for a big crowd, so if
you think it's appropriate can you please tell oak-pm members about
this too?

BoF: Network, Device, and Environment Monitoring
Wednesday, 08/16/2006, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (but LinuxWorld says we can
stay longer)
Free with LinuxWorld exhibits pass (pre-register online to avoid long
lines onsite)

Speakers:
Ian Berry, Project Lead, Cacti
Kees Cook, Project Lead, Sendpage
Matt Massie, Project Lead, Ganglia
Tobi Oetiker, Project Lead, RRDtool, MRTG, Smokeping
Remo Rickli, Project Lead, NeDi

It'll be a follow-on to a conference session earlier in the day
(BP4); unfortunately people will need a full conference pass to
attend that ($$$).  Here's that URL:

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/events/12SFO06A/conference/
tracksessions/Open%20Source%20Best%20Practices/QMONYA04ROGF

A roundtable on open source tools for network and server monitoring
and management, we'll briefly discuss the the state of the IT
management tools industry -- both commercial and Open Source. The
project leads for ganglia, Cacti, rrdtool, MRTG, NeDi, Sendpage and
Smokeping will present briefly on their tools and answer questions.
Finally, we'll describe an approach that integrates multiple open
source tools to create a comprehensive Network Monitoring solution.

I'm trying to organize members of other local user groups (like
BayLISA) to attend as well, so it might turn into a "Super User"
group get together as well.

Feel free to contact me anytime with questions.  Or let me know if
I'm being harassing.

Cheers, -Peter

Peter Mui, Open Source Community Advocate
GROUNDWORK Open Source, Inc.
139 Townsend Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1946
+1 415 992 4573 (direct)