[oak perl] Books for BaySUG?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Fri Oct 28 14:01:39 PDT 2005

Michael,

== representing OPUG
Oh good, you are going to the BaySUG event
and are willing to represent OPUG.
Please do so.
I think you'd be a good person to represent us.
In any case, it may well be you or noone.

Oh, if you prefer not to represent OPUG at BaySUG,
just say so.
It's not necessary that we be represented,
and, given the time conflict with our monthly meeting,
I don't think they'll be surprised if we are not represented.
On the other hand,
if we aren't going to be represented,
it would be helpful to know
so I can communicate appropriately.

What's representing us mean in this context?
I'd say two things:
(1) Be there representing OPUG as an indication of support.
(2) Alert us if there are significant outcomes
that we should know about.
If you are wanting to do more than that, please say so.

== book suggestions
You have no suggestions/desires for books
for me to communicate to BaySUG
No problem.

Why did they want suggestions/desires
from people planning to attend?
I gather to help them to decide what books
to request publishers to donate.

My understanding is they are already
in communication with the publishers.
As far as I know,
they would receive the books from the publishers
and get them to the event.
I'm guessing they'd give the books away
at the event.

George