[oak perl] Fwd: Excel Annoyances Needed for New Book

Craig McLaughlin cpm at bitbucket.com
Fri Feb 6 19:23:00 CST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, George Woolley wrote:
> > While not very perlish, there's always gnumeric, which is an excellent
> > (and surprisingly complete!) spreadsheet prog / Excel clone.
> >
> > --Craig
>
> That's what I use and I'm happy with it,
> but my needs in this area are quite modest.
>
> -- George

As are mine.  And I should have added that when they are not (when I'm
having to muck with a client's sheet, for example), I run Excel / Office
2k under Codeweavers' Crossover Office.

If you already have a license for a windows version hanging around, pick
up Crossover.  $59.95 for the download version, +$10 if you make
them ship you a disc.

--Craig