[oak perl] Blogging?

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Mon Feb 3 01:59:32 CST 2003

Re Blogging:
I'm not clear what you're saying.
You'd be interested in blogging if what?

Re Posting Reviews:
Hm, posting book reviews to the mailing list --
I'll ponder that.
My initial thinking is: let the author of the review
do whatever he or she wants.

As a subscriber what I'd generally prefer is a link
to the review.
But if the author of the review feels strongly
that the review should be posted to the list, that's kool too.

There are many ways to say thank you for a free book.
For example, I got the Blogging book
for putting a banner on my personal site.
I then,
(a) wrote a review of it which I put on our site,
(b) announced that I had done so on the mailing list,
including a link to the review and
(c) wrote a very very short review of the book
that I posted on the O'Reilly site
which review linked back to the longer review on our site
(oh, it was the first review for the book on the O'Reilly site).

If you are a subscriber to this list (which likely you are),
I'd be very interested in your thoughts on this
as a subscriber.
Though keep in mind, you are not the only ones
to consider in this matter.

As far as inputs from authors of reviews are concerned,
this discussion will become more interesting
when our group has multiple authors of reviews.

Well, that's my $0.02 or wooden nickle or whatever.
      -- George