[Nottingham-pm] [ANNOUNCE] Nottingham.pm's second first social meeting, 2013-07-25, Canalhouse

James Green jkg at earth.li
Wed Jul 10 12:29:39 PDT 2013

Evening all

I'm delighted to be able to announce that, subject to vagaries of DNS
propagation holding up the new (equally minimalist) website, Nottingham.pm
is "officially" back up and running.

Given this fact, a few of us are getting together in the Canalhouse, on
Canal St, on July 25th for a few drinks and a bit of a chin-wag. The more
the merrier! It'd be handy to have /some/ indication if people are thinking
of coming, but only so I can pre-warn the pub and try to secure a suitably
sized table -- I don't know how busy they get on a Thursday night.

I'll be there from around 7, traffic after work notwithstanding. There will
be at least one toy camel, for ease of identification. (Feel free to bring
more!)

In terms of other typical Perl Monger group communication "stuff", we have:

 - a new Twitter account for announcements and some general Perl bits:
https://twitter.com/nottinghamperl
 - this mailing list, resurrected
 - a website, just as soon as the DNS updates!
 - a small presence on http://act.yapc.eu/lpw2013/stats ;-)

There's also an IRC channel, but I suspect its purpose will be to have a
topic which acts a signpost pointing to the list and the website.

Welcome back, everybody!

All the best, hopefully see some of you on the 25th...

Cheers,
James