[Nottingham-pm] Mind-Meld events for the group

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 08:06:33 PDT 2005

Hi all,

Fristly, sorry for the quietness on the Nottingham Perl Mongers mailing list
of recent: I've been neglecting nottpm in favour of nottlug. For those who
don't know, most of our activity is merged with the Nottingham GNU/Linux User
Group (http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/) especially when it comes to social
events. To date nottpm hasn't had any technical meetings apart form the
Duncan John Fyffe's Perl talks held at the LUG. I hope to remedy this
short-fall with a series of ad-hoc "mind-meld" events, the purpose of which
is to learn as much Perl magic from each other as possible. The ideal venue
for such an event would have space, power, and net access for a number of PCs
so that programming practices can be demonstrated and theories can be tested.
This all depends on interest levels etc. and may result in the venue being my
dining room :) .

Anyhow, this is a partially-formed idea -- let me know of any thoughts out
there.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
The speed of anything depends on the flow of everything.