[HRPM] Perl 5.6 dbm

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Thu Jan 4 12:58:32 CST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Jeff Duffy wrote:
>  I just did some coding with 5.6/dbm (gdbm and Berkeley db) last month
> on RH7. Which dbm, and what problems?

I've got a script that worked perfectly fine under RH6.1 to let people
relay mail that have successfully pop'd email.  It's the classic poprelayd
with a few tweaks to the regexes so it's Red Hat happy.  So, my friend
Wolf upgrades his server to RH7.0 since it's seemed pretty stable in tests
of my own and a couple others in the local community.  But poprelayd is
now breaking.  I don't think poprelayd is the source of the problem
because dbmmanage has the same problem:
	[root at dakota bin]# dbmmanage /etc/mail/access view
	Can't tie /etc/mail/access:  at /usr/bin/dbmmanage line 202.

poprelayd has the same sorts of problems:
	[root at dakota bin]# poprelayd -a 205.166.143.1
	Can't open /etc/mail/popip [] (No such file or directory) at /usr/local/bin/poprelayd line 87.

Here are the relevant lines:

	sub opendb_read {
	    tie(%db, "DB_File", $dbfile, O_RDONLY, 0, $$dbtype) or
		die "Can't open $dbfile";
	}

	sub opendb_write {
	#    tie(%db, "DB_File", $dbfile, O_RDWR|O_EXLOCK, 0, $$dbtype) ||\
		my $ret = tie(%db, "DB_File", $dbfile, O_RDWR|O_EXCL, 0, $$dbtype);
		die "Can't open $dbfile [$ret] ($!)" unless $ret;
	}

I've updated to the latest and greatest RPM's:
	glibc-2.2-9
	perl-5.6.0-9
	gdbm-1.8.0-5
	db1-1.85-4
	gdbm-devel-1.8.0-5
	db3-3.1.14-6
	db2-2.4.14-4

Any suggestions, directions, places to search, etc. would be appreciated.
We've got a temporary work around, but I'm relaying much bigger sections
of the universe than I'd like.

--
</chris>

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to buy Microsoft products.