[HRPM] Perl or Programming Mailing Lists

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Thu Sep 28 15:27:46 CDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Robert Kernell wrote:
> Hi. Enjoyed my first Perl Mongers meeting last night.

Oh my god - a post that isn't Lyman, Jeff or I.  Yay!

> Chris made DBI very enjoyable.

I think I did OK.  The presentation could have been a lot better.

> I will definitely come to every meeting.

Now that's a testament.

> Maybe I can give a talk at some point.

YES!  Please!

> As strange as it seems, I cannot find any other Perl mailing lists.
> Also I can't find any general programming mailing lists. I am using
> Liznet search engine.  Maybe I should do a Google search on some
> keywords. If anyone knows of any of either of the above kinds of lists
> I sure would welcome information on them.

Check out
	http://www.perl.com/reference/query.cgi?lists

perl.com is a good place to find these things.

There are also mailing lists on mod_perl, Mason, and Win32 perl that I
didn't see listed at the above URL. If you're interested in those I can
dig up subscription information.

The DCPM list is also pretty active for general interest questions.

--
</chris>

What if this weren't a hypothetical question?