[HRPM] last night

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Thu Oct 26 10:43:20 CDT 2000

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Robert Kernell wrote:

> I got a lot out of the talk last night too. Thank you to the
> presenter.

[applause.]  Yes, yes, yes.

> Also, I found the "after-talk" discussion of mod-perl to be
> interesting, since we use Apache and Postgres.

mod_perl is the bomb.  (And I prefer MySQL over Postgres for production
given the performance and reliability.)

> Quick question: What is XML, in two sentences?

Two equally correct perspectives are:

A) An open way to define data formats to maximize interoperability.

B) Watered-down SGML.

> I may be interested in doing a Perl OO talk whenever Chris deems it
> appropriate and if people are interested. :)

Cool.  Jeff Duffy did an OO talk two or three months ago.  Sometime early
next year would probably be a good time for another one.  But it isn't
when I deem appropriate!  I'm just here to guage the group's preferences.
:-)

--
</chris>

"The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
           -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd edition, June '72