[HRPM] XML ???

Doug Moore moored at exis.net
Tue Oct 3 21:42:34 CDT 2000

Lyman Byrd wrote:

> Is anyone using XML for real work?
>
> (sorry slightly off topic I know)
> Thanks
> Lyman
>
> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: Lyman Byrd <lbyrd at memach.com>   Tel: 757.543.6801x253
>      Date: 03-Oct-2000     Time: 17:08:50
>     The opinions expressed here do not
> necessarily reflect those of Metro Machine Corp.
> ----------------------------------

I have a couple of uses for XML.
1.  I have Tomcat-Jakarta up with my Apache server, abounds with xml
config files
2. I also have Cocoon up and running.  Likewise lots of xml config
files.

I am also working on Shareable Courseware Object Reference Model
objects.  (that a part of the Advanced Distributed Learning initiative -
.  the model relies heavily on XML tags for passing data between systems
and for searching metadata for "Shareable Courseware Objects".

I am testing (albeit slowly, as I have 'free' time) XML Stylesheets
(reason for using Cocoon) for customizing the display of DHTML (or other
document formats using the same data..)

Lotsa room for greater understanding here..!!

Doug Moore
HRPM Lurker