[HRPM] fouled up install

Christina chrisi at home.com
Tue Oct 3 15:56:38 CDT 2000

Basically, I gave up.  I thought I was going down a path
to just not upgrade Perl to 5.6 (by not using CPAN).  But
when I got done, I noticed that I did have 5.6!  I must
have gotten my Ghosts mixed up.

So now I have a system that tells me I'm running 5.6 when
I do perl -v, but I'm pretty sure Apache is getting its Apache.pm
from my 5.005 directories.  I thought maybe I could rebuild
Apache, but I never did figure out how to do that.  That is
also causing me problems because Mason says not to use
the mod_perl that ships with Red Hat (1.21) because it is
unreliable.  When I install mod_perl 1.24 it wants to know
where my Apache header files are (I don't have any) and wants
to rebuild Apache.  So I can't upgrade that.

Although all is ok now (httpd runs, I can use DBI, mysql, and
mod_perl), I think I will still have problems down the line.

Right now I just need to make some progress with my database!

Christina