[HRPM] list screwiness

chicks at chicks.net chicks at chicks.net
Fri Aug 25 12:16:19 CDT 2000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Troy E. Webster wrote:

> I am getting random messages from this list. I seem to sometimes get
> answers with no questions or vice-versa. Is there some problem with
> the mailing list? I would really like to benefit from peoples'
> problems and solutions, but it seems like I don't get every message.

> but I also sometimes get messages from
> norfolk-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
>
> Which one is correct, or are both? Obviously, hfb stands for
> happyfunball, but which one should I submit questions to? Or does it
> matter?

I'm not sure what the story with the mailing list is.  I haven't noticed
that I've been missing any.  Has anyone else noticed spurious list
behavior?  I can run the list off my own list server if necessary.

> Also, isn't there supposed to be a meeting soon, like next week?

Yeah.  I'll send out an official announcement today.

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
                                                        - - C.A.R. Hoare