[niederrhein.pm] Niederrhein.pm Treffen Oktober 2014 am 18:00 at LoveRails in Köln

Thomas Bayen tbayen at bayen.de
Di Okt 21 09:38:14 PDT 2014

Hey there...

I can confirm that some people are following this mailing list just for
the interest. :-)

I am a Niederrhein PerlMonger from the first generation and know the
problems of motivating the group and the organizers. Everyone here who
is interested in the group should think about doing his small
contribution of information to let the organizers not have the feeling
their work is "for nothing". The first generation group died because the
core group became demotivated and noone took over the pumpkin.

At the end a part of the group joined forces with the Linux User Group
Krefeld. (There are still two of the Mongers coming regularly to the LUG
meetings - not talking much about Perl as I have to admit). On one hand
this quickened the dying of the PerlMonger meeting because the LUG
meeting "absorbed" it. On the other hand for me it was a good deal
because my own personal focus went away from perl over the years.

We still have positive feelings to the idea of the Perl Monger group and
I can offer you to renew parts of this cooperation. Please decide if
this may help you or not.

Two things we might help you with are 1) a meeting place where you can
be sure that there is someone else to talk about IT and 2) an easy to
setup web presence.

1) The LUG-KR meets at every(!) monday
(http://www.lug-kr.de/wiki/LugTreffen). We are about 3-5 members coming
regularly. We talk the most time about this and that without a special
frame or theme. Over the years we became more like a "Stammtisch". We
meet in even weeks and in odd weeks in a different location so we have a
more pub-like place and a place with a small room for us (the idea was
to do a project or a talk there).

And... Hey! There is no discussion about Krefeld being in Niederrhein
area. ;-)

2) The last "official" site of the first generation of the Niederrhein
Perl Mongers is here: http://www.lug-kr.de/wiki/PerlMongers. This wiki
is hosted by the LUG-KR and we will be pleased to share it with you. I
like a wiki because the community can work together in a fast and open
way. There is no single person holding the "golden key" (and loosing
it). It is not the "nicest" possible website - but it is here and it can
be used now.

When I understood right there is a meeting this evening. I hope that
this mail will reach you and can be dicussed there.

Thanks for reading,

Thomas Bayen

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thomas Bayen
--
Jakob Bayen KG, Bleichpfad 20-22, 47799 Krefeld
AG Krefeld HRA 416       Tel +49/2151/65 80 9-0